Make a difference - Support local students - Join TOA's Volunteer Programme
The Oxford Academy is looking to expand its Volunteer Programme to support student learning.
We are recruiting volunteers from our local community* to support our students across a range of subjects and levels.
Studies prove that coaching alongside a student's existing timetable significantly raises students' levels of attainment. For example, research summarised by The Sutton Trust-EEF Toolkit shows that one-to-one tuition has an average impact of five additional months progress.
[Volunteering] really helps me connect to the local community - working with the children at The Oxford Academy is really fun and it has improved my confidence.
Oxford Brookes student
* Current volunteers include staff and students from Oxford Brookes University, the University of Oxford, senior members of the local community and local churches. DBS checks will be carried out.
Benefits for volunteers
- Your opportunity to raise students' attainment and make a real difference to students' lives
- Meet new people (students, staff and other volunteers)
- Gain new experiences and skills
- Challenge yourself
- Utilise your skills to benefit others.
The programme offers flexible support options (one-to-one, small group or in class support) at a time to suit you.
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 774311 ext 2111.