Free school meals funding and Pupil Premium funding is a government grant of £935 per student per year that supports students within schools. The money goes directly to support the education of students who are allocated this grant within The Oxford Academy.
This Funding Supports your child within The Oxford Academy by:
- Adding money to entitled students cashless catering card allowing them to access a school meal each day
- Providing a curriculum that is driven by the needs of our pupils
- Developing literacy and numeracy skills through a whole school focus and providing small group and individualised programmes of support
- Creating a fund for entitled students to support the participation in educational trips and visits, extracurricular activities and other opportunities to boost learning
- Improving the number of computer based resources within school and for children to access from home
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if your family receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (providing you’re not also entitled Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of no more than £16,190)
- Working tax credit run-on
- Universal Credit
- If the students it entitled to benefits within their own right
To apply - please complete the attached form and return to Jo Winterbourne.
Please click here for a copy of a sample menu. There are also sandwiches, baguettes, wraps , Panini’s and jacket potatoes available.